Ask Amy: my spouse claims she’ll move without me, xlovecam but i do believe she’s bluffing
DEAR AMY: we never ever thought I would personally be composing for you.
Columnist Amy Dickinson (Bill Hogan/Chicago Tribune)
My family and I have been in our eighties, hitched for longer than three decades, with grown young ones from prior marriages.
My spouse arrived to participate me once we had been married, making her work plus some household.
She had resided within my area formerly and then we had shared buddies.
Now she claims it is her turn: She really wants to go 400 kilometers away to be near to her son. We go along fine with him and his household. That’s not the difficulty.
The issue is, i love it right here where I’m near to my loved ones and friends that are lifelong. We don’t know anybody where her son lives.
She claims i could remain where we're residing if i wish to, but she’s making. We don’t think she means it.
- Ask Amy: Dejected teen gets only cool advice from beloved relative
- Ask Amy: This other girl stepped in before I became through with my better half
- Ask Amy: The man-boys are operating crazy during my home, and I’m tired of it
- Ask Amy: we objected to my neighbor’s party. He called me personally a snoop.
- Ask Amy: She lied concerning the playdate and place my kids in danger
She additionally says that if she does not go, she’ll just remain right here and rot, and I also think she implies that.
I wish to compromise: I’ll offer to get her settled inside her new house, see usually, and stay here if she needs me, but i wish to live what’s left of my entire life where i will be.
I do believe I’m in a no-win situation. Exactly just What would you state?
DEAR NO-WIN: we go as a considering the fact you two are longtime partners and parents, which you love the other person and that, preferably, you would both be happy as well as be together.